Cell Organelles & Transport Lesson Plans
Cell biology lesson plans designed for high school, middle school, and elementary school science teachers are downloadable here. Cell organelles experiment involving microscopes let students see the size of cells, the nucleus, cell division, and depending on the microscope’s power, see other cell organelles. Another great cell biology experiment is about diffusion of water through a cell membrane. Many great cell biology activities are also included, letting students learn cell biology in a fun and interactive process. Several cell biology projects are included, letting students use their imagination and problem solving skills. Cell biology worksheets and exam / test / quiz questions provide help in evaluating the student’s understanding. Lesson Plans Inc. offers many great lessons. Click the titles below to see a list of lessons for each category. Free cell bioogy lesson plans include:
Cell Organelles Lesson Plans
- Eukaryotes - eukaryotic animal cells, eukaryotic plant cells.
- Prokaryotes - prokaryotic single cell organisms.
- Nucleus - nucleolus, nuclear pores, nuclear envelope, DNA.
- Ribosomes - protein synthesis, ribosomal RNA, ribosomal proteins, messenger RNA, transfer RNA, amino acids, polypeptide chain, proteins.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum - rough endoplasmic reticulum, smooth endoplasmic reticulum, cell transportation, protein translation, proteins, lipids.
- Golgi Apparatus - Golgi body, Golgi complex, cell packaging, vesicles, proteins, lipids.
- Mitochondria & Chloroplast
- Lysosomes - digestive enzymes
- Central Vacuole - cell sap, water, salts (calcium), inorganic ions (K+ and Cl-), enzymes, toxic byproducts.
- Cell Wall - cellulose, cell shape, protection, filtering mechanism, found in plants, bacteria, Archaea, fungi, and algae.
- Cytoplasm - cytosol.
- Cytoskeleton - microfilaments, microtubules / centrioles.
Cell Membrane Lesson Plans
- Lipid Bilayer - cell membrane, plasma membrane, cholesterol, rafts, selectively permeable.
- Phospholipid - phosphate group head, fatty acids tails, polar head, non-polar tails, glycerol, sphingolopid, glycolipid.
- Passive Transport - concentration gradient, equilibrium, facilitated diffusion of amino acids and sugars.
- Osmosis - diffusion of water, water potential, hypertonic solutions, hypotonic solutions, isotonic solutions.
- Active Transport - proton pumps, sodium-potassium pump, energy requiring pumps, endocytosis, phagocytosis, pinocytosis, exocytosis.
- Channel Proteins - ion channel, ion-gated channels, carrier proteins, pumps.
- Receptor Proteins - permeability, hormones, signal molecules, second messenger.
- Marker Proteins - immune system, carbohydrate chains