Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration Lesson Plans
Cellular respiration and photosynthesis lesson plans designed for high school, middle school, and elementary school science teachers are downloadable here. Enzyme lab using catalase lets students see how enzymes brake down substances. A great photosynthesis lab involves shinning a light on a freshly cut leaf while looking through a microscope. An example lesson plan activity is about aerobic respiration and its chemical processes. Lesson Plans Inc. offers many great lessons. Click the titles below to see a list of lessons for each category. Free bioenergetics lesson plans include:
Cellular Respiration Lesson Plans
- Cellular Respiration - aerobic, glucose, glycolysis, Krebs cycle, Acetyl CoA, NAD+, FAD, electron transport chain,
- Aerobic Respiration - 36 ATP, C6H12O6, CO2.
- Anaerobic Respiration - 2 ATP, fermentation, lactate, ethanol.
- Mitochondria - double membrane, electron transport chain, mitochondrion DNA.
- Light Dependent Reactions - photosystem 2, photosystem 1, electron transport chain, NADP+.
- Light Independent Reactions - Calvin cycle, NADPH.
- Chloroplasts - thylakoid, granum, stroma, mesophyll, guard cells.
- Pigments - chlorophyll a, chlorophyll b.
- Electron Acceptors - O2, NADPH.
- Photorespiration - oxidative photosynthetic carbon cycle, C2 photosynthesis.
- C4 Pathway - C4 carbon fixation.
- CAM Plants - crassulacean acid metabolism.
- ATP - adenosine 5’ triphosphate, ADP, adenosine diphosphate, adenine ring, ribose sugar, three phosphate groups, chemical energy.
- ATP Synthase - energy source, phosphates, concentration gradients, diffusion, equilibrium.
- Phosphorylation - phosphates, thermodynamics, exergonic, endergonic.
- Enzyme System - substrate, active site, reactants, products.
- Enzyme Shapes - lock and key model, types.
- Enzyme Catalyst - activation energy, reaction rate.
- Factors Affecting Enzyme Activity - pH range, temperature range, enzyme inhibitor, feedback inhibition.
- Biosynthesis - metabolism, anabolism, catabolism.