Plant Science Lesson Plans
Plant science lesson plans designed for high school, middle school, and elementary school science teachers are downloadable here. Lesson Plans Inc. offers many great lessons. Click the titles below to see a list of lessons for each category. Free biological evolution lesson plans include:
Plant Tissue Systems Lesson Plans
- Plant Tissue Cells - parenchyma cells, collenchyma cells, sclerenchyma cells.
- Dermal Tissue - epidermis, trichomes.
- Vascular Tissue - xylem, tracheids, vessel elements, phloem, sieve tube elements, pressure-flow model.
- Ground Tissue - parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
- Meristematic Tissue - plant growth by mitosis.
- Leaves - blades, petiole, mesophyll, gaurd cells, compound leaf, leaflet.
- Stems - node, internode, bud, vascular cambium, primary growth, secondar growth, tree rings, heartwood, sapwood, bark.
- Roots - fibrous roots, taproot, root hairs, root cap, meristem, cortex, endodermis, vascular cylinder.
- Cohesion-tension Theory - cohesion, adhesion, transpiration, capillary action, absorption.
Angiosperm Lesson Plans
- Plant Classification - vascular tissues, seeds, flowers.
- Sporophyte - spore producing plant, diploid.
- Gametophyte - gamate producing plant, haploid.
- Flowering Plants - Monocotyledonae, Dicotyledonae.
- Monocots - flower parts in mliples of 3, single cotyledon, parallel viens, scattered vascular bundles, fibrous roots.
- Dicots - flower parts in multiple of 4 and 5, paired cotyledons, branched veins, arranged vascular bundles, taproot.
- Annuals - complete life cycle within one year.
- Biennials - complete life cycle within two years.
- Perennials - complete life cycle longer than two years.
Gymnosperm Lesson Plans
- Gymnosperm - Gnetophytes, Cycads, Ginkgoes, Conifers.
- Pollination - wind, pollination drop.
- Pollen Cones - male gametophytes, pollen grains.
- Seed Cones - female gametophytes, ovules.